Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bracketbuster, Wresling Head-Scratcher, Grand Marshal Kiernan

What a great start to The Tourney. The Morehead State win over Rick Pitino's Louisville Cardinals was David over Goliath, if Goliath had 100 times the budget...

NCAA tournament, beautiful weather, St. Patrick's Day... just three of the reasons so many people found a way to NOT work. Be a tough day to just call in sick. Even if you were sick, would anyone believe it?...

Wrestling needs all the attention it can get, so why in the world do they start the NCAA championships the same day the nation turns its eyes to the basketball tourney? It makes no sense...

I would never count out Tom Brands and Iowa, no matter how young the Hawks are...

I don't have a daughter, but my life as a dad still zips in front of my eyes during that commercial where the father is talking to his daughter as she's about to drive off in the Subaru. The girl is about four when she says, "Daddy, OK!", then moments later, she's 16...

Brad Banks is named Barnstormers starting quarterback Thursday, just as he told us Tuesday...

The Energy finishes out their home basketball regular season this weekend. I'm told the Red Panda Acrobats halftime show is not to be missed. That's what I'm told. Haven't seen it...

Props to my friend Erin Kiernan for serving as Grand Marshal of the St. Patrick's Day parade and helping draw a record crowd. Because I like Erin so much, I'm not even bitter about the sunny, perfect weather. Did I mention it was rainy and cold last year as I waved a frozen hand from a snowmobile? Anyway, the Register had fun with our two year run of Marshaldom: http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2011/03/17/who-tv-dominates-kcci-tv-in-st-patricks-day-parade-leadership/

No comments: