Thursday, March 01, 2012

Somebody Left the Gate Open

Will whoever left the gate open, please close it. I'm tired of hearing that song while the woman rock climbs thanks to her Citi card...
Close the gate please.
Do you know why Waukee students wore green at girls state basketball, even though their school colors are purple and gold? So we'll ask. Those rascals. I hear they're up to something new for Friday. Hey, whatever works. Won at the buzzer Wednesday...

If you want a good seat for Southeast Polk vs Ankeny Friday afternoon, get there early...

Iowa State had its chances against #7 Missouri, but the Cyclones had too many turnovers, and failed to stop the basketball far too often on easy Tiger breaks. Missouri's speed gets some credit, but the Clones have to make better decisions and get in better position come tourney time. Baylor won't be easy either. The Bears present match-up problems. Sold out Hilton on Senior day will help...

Nice win for the Hawkeyes. Nebraska had owned Iowa in its first Big Ten season in all sports but wrestling. Nebraska even handed Iowa its most perplexing conference basketball loss. Nice to return the favor. Fran McCaffery really has the Hawks headed in the right direction. Eight Big Ten wins---at minimum---is promising progress...

I'm happy for the IceBorg. No one loves Colorado State basketball more than that guy. Well, I'm guessing. I've never known anyone else who followed Colorado State basketball. I digress. Huge win for the Rams over UNLV should put them in the tourney. And for those of you who live near 1801 Grand, I'm sure Zach apologizes for the noise Wednesday night around 11...

Iowa State's football contract with Paul Rhoads makes sense for all involved...

I think Hawkeye fans should be happy Greg Davis is their offensive coordinator...

I hope Bobby Valentine keeps taking shots at the Yankees...

Does Chris Hassel know Taylor Swift went out with Tim Tebow?...

5 comments:

Evil Adam said...

On Paul Rhoads contract I did find it interesting that a Tie/Outright Big 12 Championship was worth the same as a BCS National Championship... granted A) who knows how long the BCS will be around, and B) If CPR somehow gets ISU a National Championship there will almost certainly be a contract renegotiation.

Don said...

I.S.U. a national championship? What are you smoking! Hell will freeze and what! Football would end, nobody would watch anymore! Yeah buddy that is not happening EVER!

Mike said...

So what you're saying Don is they have as good a chance as Iowa.

KC Clone said...

Oh, SNAP, Mike!

Evil Adam said...

Yes Don that was why I said "if" and "somehow" I realize there was a subtlety in my statement, but it wasn't THAT subtle.