- Danica Patrick won't race in the NASCAR Nationwide series race at Iowa Speedway. Oh well. That's one fewer loss for her. Something tells me she's not famous for her driving.
- Joe Gibbs Racing signs Johnston Junior Brett Moffitt... another sign what a rising star Moffitt is.
- If you tried to take the real Kurt Warner story to a Hollywood producer, they'd tell you to , "Get out of here with that fairy tale. No one will buy that." It all really happened.
- Say what you will about Todd Lickliter's strategy on the court, the care and caution he's shown Anthony Tucker is admirable.
- Mark Phelps says UNI plays Washington Redskins style basketball. He does know the Redskins play football, right?
- I still can't believe Cael Sanderson is the wrestling coach at Penn State. He'll lead the Nittany Lions at Iowa Friday night. Good luck, Cael. You'll need it.
- J.D. Salinger is dead at age 91. It will be hard to notice he's gone. The recluse was the inspiration for James Earl Jones' character Terrence Mann in Field of Dreams. Please enjoy my favorite movie speech: http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeeches/moviespeechfieldofdreams.html (scroll down, hit play.)
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Posted by Keith Murphy at 10:44 PM