Wednesday, November 23, 2011

DJK in the AFL, Back to Bears, Iowa Boys

DJK to the Barnstormers. It's going to happen, just as soon as the man formerly known as Derrell Johnson-Koulianos signs and returns the contract. DJK has also signed to play for Montreal in the CFL, which he can still do after moonlighting in the AFL---the two seasons don't overlap.

It's a natural for the Barnstormers, though not ideal.  Johnson-Koulianos can really play, he's charismatic, and he will draw fans. I've been asked several times if I think Iowans will welcome him back. The answer is yes. DJK has apologized, expressed regret, and asked forgiveness for his foolish transgressions. I also believe recent college football scandals, especially the one at Penn State, offer some context to essentially victimless crimes. I think most, not all, fans will cheer DJK.

I can't vouch for what he'll do with the opportunity. I like Derrell the few times we've talked, but I've learned that's enough to pretend I really know someone. I'm pulling for him...
DJK. (courtesy Hawk Central)

I think Iowa State's basketball team will put fans through some real highs and lows this season. It should be a fun ride, and right now, it's too soon to tell where it's headed...

The Denver Post says Kyle Orton asked for his release and wants to go back to the Bears. If true, that makes Chicago's game in Denver December 11th appointment television...

I can't wait for Packers-Lions from Detroit on Thanksgiving. It sounds like a great start to the best day...

A viewer sent me this old Iowa Boys video. You may recognize an Iowa (State) boy or two. The video will not be mistaken for an IceBorg Cold Cut...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Xrw2C_Po8

No comments: