- Good gosh, Dowling is good. The Maroons keep blowing out ranked teams. Hit me back if Dowling doesn't go undefeated and win the state championship.
- College football Saturday predictions: K-State keeps I-State reeling, Iowa makes people wonder why Arizona was favored by 1.
- Great to see Seneca Wallace starting Sunday for the Browns.
- I'll take Peyton over Eli in Manning Bowl II Sunday night on channel 13 (followed by SoundOff!).
- Reggie Bush says giving back the Heisman trophy is not an admission of guilt. Right.
- Did you know former Cyclone Alison Lacey just won a WNBA title with Seattle? Lacey didn't play much after a season of ice cold shooting. She was 4-35 from the field.
- No Gators arrested the past few days.
- Derek Jeter didn't cheat. The baseball culture is such that you're encouraged to pretend you caught a ball when you know you trapped it, or take a base any way you can. Baseball is not golf. However, Jeter didn't need to fake the injury. That's too much.
- My son Colin plays his first Little All-American football game Saturday. This is good news. Colin is tired of practice. He told me tonight, "Dad, I think I need to be seven, not six." Most of the time, he's having fun with football at six.
Friday, September 17, 2010
Maroon Machine, Hawkeyes Roll, Lacey Wins
Posted by Keith Murphy at 11:57 PM