- Today's the Day: RVTV. We're on our way to Winterset. If you're near one of the covered bridges, drop by and say hello. We'll be in the town square.
- We've never had more positive, immediate feedback than we did after last night's SoundOff Stivers Ford spoof. A number of people laughed out loud, and you can count Andy and me in that group. It's also great free pub for Stivers because several of the emails said they felt like driving to Stivers and buying a car. (Our thanks to Stivers for providing the now familiar music). One problem: I can't get the song out of my head. You can watch the video in the SoundOff section of whotv.com. (It's an 11 p.m. skit, and not for small children.)
- I thought Iowa did exactly what a top ten team should do Saturday against an overmatched opponent---the Hawks had the game won by the end of the first quarter. That's a big difference from last season. Iowa looks improved from the opener a year ago, and so does Iowa State.
- Iowa is a 14.5 point favorite. Given the recent history, that seems like too much. Iowa State is almost always the underdog, and usually covers, though not last year. I don't bet, but rivarly games are always tough to figure. Three years ago at RVTV, we couldn't find a Cyclone fan in Ames who gave 0-2 Iowa State any real chance of winning. The Cyclones shocked the Hawks without scoring a TD. No outcome could ever surprise me more.
- I think Iowa is clearly a more talented football team. Iowa State needs a go-for-broke game plan, flawless execution, and a clear win in the turnover battle (see Nebraska). If that happens, the Cyclones have a chance; otherwise, it's a Hawkeye State for the third straight year.
- Time to hop in the RV. Enjoy Rivalry Week! Who knows how long we'll have it.
Monday, September 06, 2010
RVTV, Downright Proud, Hawkeye State
Posted by Keith Murphy at 10:03 AM