Thursday, January 26, 2012

McDermott McDominant, IceBorg Glacier,

Drake played hard, and played well Wednesday night, but the Bulldogs had no answer for Doug McDermott. Greg's boy is a load. My dad said, "Watch McDermott move without the ball". Exactly. He's always where he should be...

No one turns highlights and interviews around faster than the IceBorg. I don't get it. The guy walks at the pace of a glacier, but he's a lightning strike with video...

I've mentally moved Nebraska into the Big Ten conference in football, but not basketball. It still seems odd Iowa plays Nebraska Thursday night, but at least Iowa will finally play somebody. The last time the Hawks played, George Raveling was wearing a tracksuit...

I still can't find the Longhorn Network...

Tired of SportsCenter? Give NBC Sports Network's SportsTalk a shot. The show is better than the title...

Erin Kiernan and I will host the Rally Against Cancer Saturday night. My late mustache will not make an appearance...


College football could be moving toward a 7-win minimum for bowl appearances, which will mean fewer bowls. That's a good thing. There are far too many. Three of Iowa State past four bowl appearances followed 6-win regular seasons, so this would have an impact. It would also likely make teams schedule even more pre-conference cupcakes, and potentially make both Iowa and ISU re-think the rivalry game, though it's too important to our state to go away...

Love the new Sports Illustrated cover:


I wanted to love Red Tails, it's an amazing true story, but the movie is too corny, cliched, and sanitized. Nothing on the ground feels real. The aerial dogfights are terrific...

I can't wait to see The Grey. I feel sorry for any wolf that crosses Liam Neeson's path...

Shawn Johnson will write about her life, so far, in her June memoir. If I wrote about my life when I was 20, a good title would have been, "I Think I've Got It Figured Out, But I Don't". Or a simpler title would be, "Knucklehead"...

3 comments:

Evil Adam said...

I think judging by your old yearbook photo it would have been "Knucklehead: My life with a Stache." Mine would have been "Why you should actually do your homework in college"

Kevin Finnerty said...

Joe Paterno deserved the cover. Not Tom Brady.

Blogger said...

+$3,624 profit last week...

Subscribe For 5 Star verified winning picks on MLB, NHL, NBA and NFL + Anti-Vegas Smart Money Signals!