- Reggie Bush gave back the Heisman before they took it away. Let's not mistake this for nobility.
- "Miller & Deace" in the morning will be missed. Chemistry and friendship can't be faked. They had both. They're leaving for the right reasons, but it's terrible timing for listeners, and KXnO. The show ends two weeks into the most anticipated football season in Hawkeye history.
- Jon Miller is a rising star on the Big Ten Network. Look for his show "The Pulse" on Thursday evenings. (also the night you'll see Jon's Hawkeye Insider reports on our newscasts)
- U of Miami is the latest school to tell football players they can't tweet on twitter any longer. Iowa never started. Iowa State still going strong.
- Can't wait for Patriots vs. Jets this weekend.
- I'd also like tickets for Cubs vs. Red Sox at Fenway Park next season for the first time since the 1918 World Series. Babe Ruth played for the Sox. He's the last pitcher to bat in a spot other than ninth in the World Series (sixth).
- Ines Sainz is a stunning woman. She knows that. She uses that. She still doesn't deserve harassment. However, if she wants to be taken seriously as a professional, she needs to dress like one.
- One of our boys saved his money like never before. The reason: Halo Reach.
- My son Colin asked repeatedly to play tackle football this season. Since he's only six, I did not think that would be possible, but Des Moines' Little All-American Football League added six year olds this season. Here's Colin before this first practice in pads Monday night:
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Miller & Deace Done, Ines Turns Heads, Doing It for the Snookies
Posted by Keith Murphy at 12:01 AM