- I love movies, and I love the Oscars, but that was a boring show. It had a few moments, but couldn't overcome the importance of a great host like Billy Crystal or Johnny Carson. James Franco looked either scared or disinterested. Anne Hathaway gave her all, but there's a reason Crystal received a standing-O. Everyone knows how he made something that's really hard look effortless.
- It was a great year for movies. I agree with The Kings Speech as best picture, but you could make a case for several others.
- I can't believe it had been 66 races since Jeff Gordon won. Guy used to win every other week.
- Nice to see Fred Hoiberg and the Cyclones finally finish a game and win. Credit the Clones for playing hard all the way through a ten game losing streak.
- Hundreds of Husker fans showed up at the Bob Feller Museum for the autographs of three Heisman trophy winners: Johnny Rodgers, Mike Rozier, and Eric Crouch. The three Husker legends were all gracious with their time, even agreeing to take part in a Cooter Ray video. "Everybody Say Cooter!"
- Andy ate four servings of Dippin Dots Sunday night. He's ready for the girls state basketball tourney.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Boring Oscars, Cyclones Break Through, Everybody Say Cooter
Posted by Keith Murphy at 1:19 AM