- Nice win, Iowa. The Hawks get a little payback for football. Northwestern has never been to the NCAA tournament, and the Wildcats won't make it now.
- Hard to believe, but Iowa's win over Northwestern was the first over a top 100 team by the Hawks or Cyclones this season. Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register came on the Murph & Andy show Wednesday and said Iowa and ISU were oh for the season vs the RPI 100. That's all it took!
- Iowa State is Groundhog Day. Cyclones hang, fade, lose. Rinse. Repeat.
- Drake did everything it could to upset UNI, but it's just a mismatch. The Panthers are too experienced, physical, and good. UNI is 22-2. That's a season.
- The USA's golden girl for the upcoming Olympics says she might not ski. Lindsey Vonn has a bruised shin. NBC is willing to send ice, ibuprofen, and whatever else is needed.
- American Idol barely holds my interest during Hollywood Week. Too many people we don't know, therefore don't care. It is an improvement over the auditions, though I am always fascinated by people who can't sing but think they can. You ever been to Karaoke? You know what I mean. I try not to sing in the shower so I don't offend the tile.
- Here's what I learned from Tana on the radio today: Even if your wife/girlfriend says, "Please don't get me anything for Valentine's Day. I mean it. I really don't want anything." She doesn't mean it. Get her something.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Posted by Keith Murphy at 12:22 AM