- You can start engraving "Northern Iowa" on the MVC championship trophy. With the win over Wichita State tonight, it's over. I love watching the Panthers.
- Hard to believe how fast Iowa State became irrelevent this season. I thought the Cyclones were NCAA tourney bound, but that seems like ages ago. Greg McDermott is a perfect fit in many ways, but if he doesn't win, fans won't care about the rest.
- Everyone realizes the players at Iowa are trying hard. That's just not a Big Ten caliber team.
- I can't get too excited about National Signing Day. I care when they start wearing the uniforms.
- Another classic Ferentz class. Nowhere near the top ten, but guys who fit the system, and several will end up in the NFL.
- Paul Rhoads brought in Iowa State's best class in nearly a decade. That video from the Nebraska visitor's locker room didn't hurt.
- Of the 10 Oscar nominees for best picture, I've only seen Avatar, The Blind Side, District 9, The Hurt Locker, and Inglourious Basterds. 50%! That's a new low for me. Of the movies I've seen, I liked The Blind Side the most, and think Inglourious Basterds was the best picture, Hurt Locker second.
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Posted by Keith Murphy at 10:45 PM