- They were turning people away at the Ames High gym Friday night. Everyone wanted to see if the Metro's best basketball team, Hoover, could push the #1 ranked Little Cyclones. Hoover did, taking a fourth quarter lead, but Ames pulled away at crunch time.
- Harrison Barnes can take over a game anytime he wants. Credit Barnes for playing within the team concept. He'll be better for it. So will North Carolina.
- UNI is in the NCAA Tourney right now. Nice win over Old Dominion on national TV.
- Plushenko needs to shut his hole. He lost.
- The downhill skiing is nerve-wracking to watch. When someone falls, they don't stop quickly. It's a reminder how fast they're going. Riveting.
- Did you see Stephen Colbert climb into NBC's fake fireplace? Funny.
- What the crap, Ed. More snow? A lot more snow?! Will this winter ever end.
- Shawn Johnson bobblehead night Saturday night at Bucs Arena. (No more "actual size" jokes.)
- Did you see Andy Fales' story on the guys in West Des Moines who made an outdoor Mancave of snow? Funny. And cool. Literally.
- My wife and I rented Poltergeist to show to the older kids. I wonder if it will still be scary in 2010 or if it will seem lame now.
- I can't wait to see Shutter Island.
- To quote the Black Eyed Peas, Imma be, Imma be, Imma be enjoying this weekend. Hope you be too.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
No mention of Tiger Woods
Posted by Keith Murphy at 12:15 AM