- They were turning people away at the Ames High gym Friday night. Everyone wanted to see if the Metro's best basketball team, Hoover, could push the #1 ranked Little Cyclones. Hoover did, taking a fourth quarter lead, but Ames pulled away at crunch time.
- Harrison Barnes can take over a game anytime he wants. Credit Barnes for playing within the team concept. He'll be better for it. So will North Carolina.
- UNI is in the NCAA Tourney right now. Nice win over Old Dominion on national TV.
- Plushenko needs to shut his hole. He lost.
- The downhill skiing is nerve-wracking to watch. When someone falls, they don't stop quickly. It's a reminder how fast they're going. Riveting.
- Did you see Stephen Colbert climb into NBC's fake fireplace? Funny.
- What the crap, Ed. More snow? A lot more snow?! Will this winter ever end.
- Shawn Johnson bobblehead night Saturday night at Bucs Arena. (No more "actual size" jokes.)
- Did you see Andy Fales' story on the guys in West Des Moines who made an outdoor Mancave of snow? Funny. And cool. Literally.
- My wife and I rented Poltergeist to show to the older kids. I wonder if it will still be scary in 2010 or if it will seem lame now.
- I can't wait to see Shutter Island.
- To quote the Black Eyed Peas, Imma be, Imma be, Imma be enjoying this weekend. Hope you be too.
MORNING BUZZ: What’s in a Warning? and Worth it
15 hours ago