- Bad, ugly, head-scratching loss by UNI. Evansville is one of the worst teams in the country, and though I still think we'll see the Panthers in the Big Dance, they played themselves back near the bubble, if not on it.
- Wayne Morgan took in the Energy-Bighorns NBA D-League game Tuesday night. He had a good reason, his former guards at Iowa State, Curtis Stinson and Will Blalock guarded each other. No school hired Morgan after he was fired, which tells you a lot, but he remains the last men's coach in Iowa to win a D1 NCAA tourney game. How crazy is that?
- Energy won again, so Stinson has the upper hand over Blalock, 3-2.
- Call me jingoistic, but I don't want our newscast delayed an additional 10 minutes so we can hear the Canadian national anthem. 11 p.m. is late enough, but I'm happy to wait for 11:10 to see an American wear gold and hear the Star Spangled Banner, but that's it. Oh Canada can wait for 11:35.
- The Grand Blue Mile through the streets of Des Moines April 20th is yet another great idea from Drake Relays director Bryan Brown. He's on a roll.
- I interviewed Suzy Favor-Hamilton Tuesday. She is an all-time fan favorite at the Relays. Back when she was just Suzy Favor she was the subject of crushes all over the Midwest, including more than a few here in Iowa.
- It was once thought human beings could not run the mile in under four minutes---their hearts would explode. Steve Scott, who was here with Suzy, has run more than 130 sub-4 minute miles. Amazing.
- Happy birthday, Shawn Terrell.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Ugly loss for UNI, Suzy stops by.
Posted by Keith Murphy at 11:31 PM