Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ryno On Deck, Big Z Rehabs, Roasting Frank

  • Cubs Nation had its eyes more on Principal Park than Wrigley Field Tuesday. Lou Piniella announced he'll retire at the end of the season (though he's looked done since last season). Cue Ryno. I think the I-Cubs manager is on deck for 2011.
  • Also at Principal Park Tuesday, Carlos Zambrano. Big Z is here to rehab his temper. He'll talk to the media Wednesday in Des Moines. It will be the first time he's talked since his infamous dugout meltdown.
  • Forget what I said about Cubs Nation turning its lonely eyes to Des Moines. Aramis Ramirez just hit his third home run of the game. He's hot. Keep him, or trade him for some future help?
  • If the Cubs don't sweep the Cardinals, it's time to start selling.
  • Cedar Rapids Jefferson star Jarrod Uthoff choosing Wisconsin over Iowa isn't devastating to Fran McCaffery, but it's disappointing. It's further evidence just how far the Iowa basketball program has fallen. Can't blame Uthoff.  He's going with a proven winner over a promising newcomer.
  • As I write this, I'm watching the roast of Bob Saget. I'm still not sure if Norm Macdonald was serious, but man that dude makes me laugh. The roast reminds me of being a kid and watching my dad laugh at the Dean Martin Roasts. He loved those. Here's Don Rickles roasting Frank Sinatra. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MiBVrxbvBg
  • And for the grandparents, we close with a shot of Colin struggling to eat corn on the cob without his two front teeth

No comments: