- State wrestling could have a story turn into a national talking point. The Des Moines Register reports Linn-Mar's Joel Northrup is considering not wrestling Cedar Falls' Cassy Herkelman for what's believed to be religious reasons. Earlier this season, Northrup did sit out a scheduled match against Herkelman, but this time it would cost him a shot at a state title. If Northrup does wrestle Herkelman, it's a fair question why he didn't feel as strongly about his conviction this time. Principles only mean something if you stick by them when they are inconvenient. If Northrup forfeits or defaults, some will respect his stance, others will loathe it.This story has already sparked debate.
- No matter what happens with Northrup, two girls wrestling at state for the first time is a big story, and brings its own conversation. I've had several emails from viewers asking why boys can't play volleyball (or some other girls sport).
- There's nothing like the state tournament. You really have to see it to believe it.
- Iowa State lost at Texas A&M, as expected, but the Cyclones fought hard. They haven't quit. At all.
- Oops. Dale Earnhardt Jr crashed his car at Daytona practice and goes from the pole to the back of the pack. NASCAR hates this. NASCAR would like to give Junior a 10 lap head start.
- I still think the Cardinals and Albert Pujols will work something out. Andy will be in therapy by then.
- Greatest cereal of all time: Lucky Charms.
MORNING BUZZ: Rulings, Votes and Voice
6 months ago