Monday, December 19, 2011

Alford Amnesia, Bobbi D. Disappointment, Neti-pot Disaster

(By Chris Hassel)

It was somewhat fun to watch Iowa dunk its way to a 105-64 victory over Central Arkansas, Monday. I haven't seen an Iowa team run up and down the floor like that since the early Steve Alford years. Speaking of Steve Alford, I find it interesting that most people tend to forget some of the good teams he had. The Hawkeyes were ranked in the top-ten on two different occasions, under Alford. No, he didn't take the Hawks to the 'next level', but his worst year was way better than any of the last four Hawkeye seasons.

Northern Iowa was finally starting to make a push towards the top-25, and then the Panthers took a 9-day break. Apparently the voters completely forgot about the 10-1 Panthers, and their RPI ranking of 3, because they're no longer receiving any votes in the coaches poll. UNI will have a tough time with Ohio, Tuesday night. The Bobcats are 9-1, their only loss coming at unbeaten Louisville, by 5 points.

We don't have confirmation, yet, but it seems we are closing in on the true identity of 'Bobbi D.' Unfortunately, it sounds like the person is doing it as a joke. While this news is somewhat of a relief, I'm still a little disappointed. Part of me actually hopes that this nonsense can go on for weeks, months...even years. Bobbi D. ---- please be real!

Andy is big into the neti-pot phenomenon. Last week, he bought one for himself, and his brother and sister. Unfortunately, he's been using tap water. As you'll read in this article, that's not a good idea.
http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/16/9503070-neti-pots-linked-to-brain-eating-amoeba-deaths
This guy looks like he could use a little more than a neti-pot.
The QB position in Kansas City has been a mess, all season. If Kyle Orton continues to play like he did against the Packers, it's going to be a mess next season, too. The Chiefs will have a decision to make. Re-sign Orton, whose contract expires at the end of the season, and have a QB battle between Orton and Cassel....or let Orton go and stick with Cassel for the remaining 3 years on his contract. A lot of it will have to do with how Orton finishes the final two games of the season, against Oakland and Denver.

Monday Night Football was finally worth watching, this week. From Chargers/Jags and Rams/Seahawks, to Steelers/49ers. Next week is the final MNF of the season, and it's also a good one. Falcons/Saints. 
I'm starting to worry about my mental well-being. I could say that my wife forced me to watch 'Kim and Kourtney Take New York', but the truth is, I didn't put up a fight. I actually let her watch it, and I watched it, too. What is wrong with me?

My favorite character is Kourtney's baby-daddy.

9 comments:

Evil Adam said...

well I certainly hope he/she/it's a joke, cause that just means it's someone that's beaten a dead horse joke too long and not a nutjob who's going to go all Hannibal Lector on Channel 13.

Anonymous said...

This nutcase sound more like Kathy Bates' character in Misery. Probably looks like her too

AKAGOATMAN said...

Feel free to give me a holler if you ever need some extra security at the WHO- I dropped off some shirts a few weeks ago and B-Ross wasnt sure if he was willing to open the door for me. Bobbi D, real or fake, wont be any threat to the help, or Hassel!

Bobbi D said...

I can be as real as you want me to be, baby. XOXO

Bobbi D said...

Ignore the person calling them self Bobbi D in the black print, IT IS NOT ME!!!

http://bobbislittleangels.blogspot.com/

Bobbi D said...

Ignore the person calling them self Bobbi D in the blue print, IT IS NOT ME!!!

http://bobbisSPAMlittleSPAMangelsSPAM.blogspotSPAM.com/

Bobbi D. said...

Marcus Coker has just been suspended for Insight Bowl. Word is, he was making fun of babies in a blog.

Anonymous said...

Seneca wallace will make his start for the Barnstormers After the 2011 NFL season.

Bobbi Double D said...

Hey baby want to see my two ugly babies?