Friday, December 09, 2011

Cardinals Had To Say Goodbye, Man Without A Team, Herman Heads To Columbus

No way the Cardinals could afford to pay Albert Pujols $254 million dollars for ten years. As great as Pujols is, and he's once-in-a generation great, he's already on the (relative) decline, as all 32 year old players are (outside the steroid era). The Angels will overpay Pujols based on the remarkable decade he just had, not the unknown one he'll have. Cardinals fans understand all this, but it still hurts to lose an icon, and find out it's almost always about the money...

NBA star Chris Paul was traded to the Lakers...

Never mind. Trade blocked...

On the surface, Tom Herman leaving Iowa State for a lesser job at Ohio State seems puzzling, and doesn't look great for ISU. Leave the offensive coordinator job for a QB job? Many Ohio State assistants have become head coaches, so maybe that's Herman's thinking, we don't know, he's not talking. Overall, Herman's offenses at ISU have been a mild disappointment, though this season Herman seemed to settle in and do his best job. The future looked better than the past. Now, he'll coach Buckeye quarterbacks for Urban Meyer... (Update: Herman will be the offensive coordinator and call the plays at Ohio State, along with coaching the quarterbacks. The move makes more sense now.)

I thought the buzz would return for the Iowa-Iowa State basketball game this year. It hasn't. I'm still looking forward to the game. I expect the Cyclones will win, but the 9 point line seems too much...

Don't forget, same time as the CyHawk showdown, UNI will be playing football at Montana on ESPN. That game should be at the UNIdome...

I slid past several stop signs Thursday night. Few things worse than that feeling of not being able to stop and fearing you're going to get t-boned out in traffic. Yep, Winter is here...
No texting and driving.
I have no idea why more people don't watch Parks & Recreation. The most recent episode had a lot of laughs, and enough heart. Always a good combo. No show does that better than Modern Family, but on a good night, Parks & Rec is in the neighborhood...
Parks & Recreation

My wife thinks it's odd I eat a jar of salsa in one sitting. Hey, that's good food. I think it might even be healthy. It's certainly addictive...
Add caption

9 comments:

I hate Pujols said...

I hope Albert Pujols takes a fastball to the helmet and can never play baseball again. He's a sellout who lied to Cardinal fans for 2 years about how he wanted to retire in a STL uniform and how money wasn't an option.

Drewsch said...

Bitter much?

Bbox8driz said...

I agree with I hate pujols. He's a greedy prick, I'd love to see a season ending injury his first AB this coming season.

Anonymous said...

Pujols can probably play close to 10 more years for an American League team with the option of being a DH in later year. I won't judge him until I am faced with the same dilemma, good chance we might take the money too.
Cookie.

Anonymous said...

Pujols can probably play close to 10 more years for an American League team with the option of being a DH in later year. I won't judge him until I am faced with the same dilemma, good chance we might take the money too.
Cookie.

Anonymous said...

So now that the Cardinals don't have to spend mega bucks on Pujols, who will they try to recruit with that money instead?

Shawn said...

Seriously Murph - the 9 point line is too much?? When Iowa goes down in defeat, they do it in FLAMES!!!!! The will lose be at least 15. The only thing to look forward to is seeing if Fran's head actually explodes when he freaks out.

Shawn said...

Good Grief - my spelling goes down in flames as well. Should read "They will lose by at least 15"

Bobbi D said...

I'd love to get a picture of Albert Pujols' baby for my blog.

http://bobbislittleangels.blogspot.com/