Thursday, December 01, 2011

Carver Stench, Burgermeister, Ugly Babies 2

(By Chris Hassel)


There's a foul odor emanating from Carver Hawkeye Arena --- and it's apparently not the Iowa basketball team. U of I officials are searching for the source of a stench that's reported to smell like a mixture of sewage and rotting flesh. If anyone is planning on going to the Iowa-Illinois wrestling meet, you're advised to wear a surgical mask. Please report back and let us know what exactly it smells like.

Lost in the UNI-ISU game, Wednesday, was the fact that the Bulldog basketball team got its tail knocked off by a big bag of potatoes in Idaho. Drake lost to Boise State, 108-64. How does that happen?

I'm hearing that the Hawkeyes are now front-runners to play in the Insight Bowl --- again. That would make it far more likely that ISU will end up in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, in Houston. I'm going to stick to my guns until the final word comes out ... Iowa to Meinke Bowl, and ISU to Pinstripe.

Mike Sherman was fired at Texas A&M because, according to ESPN's Joe Schad, "he continued to lose in the same tortuous manner - late and close after having leads dissipate." Sounds a lot like a coach in our state.



The High School wrestling season began, Thursday. I went to get some highlights of John Meeks as he begins his quest to finish his career unbeaten, with four state titles. Unfortunately, the meet didn't start until 8pm, and they began at 145 lbs. Meeks wrestles 138. They should've just let him go first, considering his match would probably only last a few seconds.

My favorite Christmas show, growing up, was 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town'. It was on tonight, and it really brought me back. I must admit, my favorite character is Burgermeister Meisterburger.

Burgermeister Meisterburger outlaws toys.

Wow, the ugly babies portion of last night's blog really stirred some people up. Can't imagine why ;) Maybe this can be my new thing. Here's Thursday's ugly baby of the day.

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

That Baby is not ugly it has its hair stuck up strange but its not ugly:p

Bobbi D. said...

Chris, you are 1000 times uglier than the ugliest baby ever.
I hope you get mauled by a pack of rabid unloved ugly babies with cleft palates!

Anonymous said...

Murph I like the dancing ice wizard... Yes love the ugly babies!!!! And do either of the IUowa teams deserve a bowl game??? what next the toilet bowl for to dead last teams....

Chris Hassel said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Bobbi!

Kathy said...

Oh my....Chris, I may not always agree with what you say, but I think you're funny...

Shawn said...

Love the babies Chris!! Maybe this can become a new thing on SoundOff - "Who's Hatin' Babies?" You can make it a weekly segment and run it into the ground over an 8-10 year period.

Not that it would remind me of an already existing segment.

Anonymous said...

You will have an ugly baby.