Monday, April 12, 2010

Fire Marshall Bill, Twins Heaven, Hawkeye Worries

  • Back from a quick vacation in Belize, and my nose may fall off. I wore SPF 70, like the Irishman that I am, but a day at sea snorkeling has turned me into Fire Marshall Bill.

  • This was the view off our deck. (I should have spent more time there.)

  • I vowed to unplug for five days, and I really did. No email, texts, TV, Facebook, Twitter, radio, Blackberry or newspapers. I did it, and highly recommend it, though I'm glad to have all my toys back. It's only good to be oblivious for so long. (Insert joke here.)

  • Congratulations to the Des Moines Register and photographer Mary Chind. The above River Rescue photo won a Pulitzer Prize.

  • The Minnesota Twins no longer have to play in the worst baseball stadium in the history of the world. Congrats Twins fans. Target Field looks awesome.

  • Wesley Johnson didn't last long at Syracuse either. The move sure worked well for him though.
  • I know it's easy for Hawkeye fans to worry about another Iowa recruit backing out, but this almost always happens. Players generally commit to coaches, not schools. Fran McCaffery deserves time and patience. It can't get worse.
  • I need to go apply more aloe.









No comments: