Saturday, April 10, 2010

What's a gelding?

My thoroughbred racing knowledge is pretty limited, but it's pretty cool that a colt owned by a group of Central Iowans will run in the Kentucky Derby.  Congratulations to Donegal Racing, and Paddy O'Prado.  I've already volunteered to go to Churchill Downs to cover the race.

Saturday's 3rd round of The Masters was the second-most entertaining round of golf I've ever watched.  It's hard to top the final round at Augusta in 2004 when Lefty caught Ernie Els.  If I remember correctly, there was also a hole-in-one down the stretch in '04 as well.

Nick Nurse sounds interested in joining Greg McDermott's staff (see video at whotv.com).  I know Nurse can coach, and I know he can shoot. But Nurse hasn't been around the college game in more than a decade, so he seems like a risky hire.

The Ryne Sandberg era is off to a great start, if you don't take into account the I-Cubs record.

And yes, I know what a gelding is. 

Shawn

No comments: