Sunday, May 22, 2011

Huge Day, Local Pizza, Rapture

Saturday was one of the busiest local sports days I've ever been a part of. There was news from just about every sport:

Nascar - Brett Moffitt becomes first Iowan to win at Iowa Speedway.
Football - Four Hawkeye greats sign autographs for nearly 500, in Van Meter.
Basketball - Hoiberg signs Percy Gibson, ranked top big man in Michigan.
Baseball - Tucson pitcher uncorks worst wild pitch I've ever seen at I-Cubs game.
Soccer - Menace score four goals -- in one half!
Track - Several records set on final day of state track meet.

It was quite the day in the sports office. Thanks to the IceBorg, and Keith Murphy, for their hustle.

I haven't watched much Cubs baseball this season but the 8th inning, on Saturday, was fantastic. Few sports fan piss me off more than Boston sports fans.

I have a friendly wager, with a friend, that Dallas won't win the NBA finals. I'm beginning to regret that bet.

I'm pulling for Michael Annett to make it an Iowa sweep, Sunday, in the Nationwide race. I interviewed the Des Moines native, on Friday. He said his Mom was bringing his favorite Des Moines pizza to the track. I was expecting Fong's, or Big Tomato, but Annett says his favorite is pizza from The Tavern. It's good pizza...but it's not great pizza.

Insert rapture joke here ------>

No comments: