- Double loss for Dowling Friday night. Maroons fall to Southeast Polk and top recruit Amara Darboh likely out until the playoffs with a separated shoulder.
- Football players love the new all black uniforms trend... our crack staff of photojournalists, not so much. They love bright colors that pop in HD. Black doesn't stand out, especially against a black sky.
- This weekend feels like a pause it's what's been an exciting September of college football. ISU off. Iowa all but off.
- Can't wait to see how much green there is at Kinnick Stadium in support of Brett Greenwood. I think it will be, and should be, substantial.
- My 7 and 10 year old sons have already seen Moneyball, and I haven't. What's a 7-year old doing at Moneyball? Grandpa.
|This is not Grandpa.|
- NBC thought Steelers vs Colts looked like a winner Sunday night. Then Peyton Manning had neck surgery a third time. Maybe they'll at least allow us to start SoundOFF before 11.
|Tough sell this week. We'll still watch.|
- Heard a rumor Voice of the Cyclones John Walters may make an appearance on SoundOFF Sunday.