- Dang, it's good to have college football back. Even if it is mostly a weekend of games like Wisconsin beating the snot out of UNLV. Transfer QB Russell Wilson lived up to the hype and made the Badgers look like the team to beat in the Big Ten. Time will tell. Three months time.
- Drake never scored at North Dakota. Bulldogs fall 16-0. Drake played a game more recently than any team in the country. Remember Africa?
- ISU announced hillside seats are sold out, and more than 36,000 season tickets gone. That's a good show of support with that schedule.
- Cyclone fans are going to love the new jumbotron, and Hawkeye fans are going to make fun of how over-sized it looks at Jack Trice Stadium. Iowa State also needs to find a way to keep people from watching it in the parking lot. It's like a giant drive-in movie, with much better sound.
- Speaking of drive-ins, after Blues Brothers finally left movie theaters, my buddy John and I would drive just about anywhere and watch it again outdoors. Mission from God.
- I don't think I've seen a more obnoxious movie trailer than Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star.
Friday, September 02, 2011
Thumbs Up: Bucky, Thumbs Down: Bucky
Posted by Keith Murphy at 12:13 AM