Saturday, May 22, 2010

Flood Stage

There's no shortage of pun when discussing Katie Flood.  The Dowling senior was part of a historic female duo at the State Track Meet.  Flood, along with Dike-New Hartford senior Hannah Wilms, combined to win 25 state titles.  Unbelievable.  I always thought it would be cool to run fast, but I never could.  I won a green ribbon for finishing fourth in the sack race on track and field day back in 4th grade... that was pretty much the highlight of my sprinting career.

The I-Cubs have figured something out, and it's led to 11 wins in 12 games.  On Saturday, the I-Cubs beat Colorado Springs 1-0, which should re-ignite the "which sports is more boring... soccer or baseball?" debate.  Actually, the Menace outscored the I-Cubs on Saturday, beating St. Louis 2-1.

Finally this week, I took a passing glance at the NBA playoffs, and what I watched didn't hold my attention.  How does the Magic win eight straight games to start the playoffs and then forget how to play basketball?

I wish I could see more of the Stanley Cup playoffs.  Studid Dish Network.  Someone will inevitably respond to that statement by telling me how great Direct TV is, but it also has faults.  So does Mediacom.  It just depends where your viewing priorities lie.

Shawn

No comments: