- Could Boston possibly choke away two 3-0 leads in the same post-season? The Bruins did it, and the Celtics sure look old and tired.
- It's ridiculous the University of Iowa is the only D1 school left in our state playing baseball, but at least they're winning. Nice job, Hawks. First post-season win in 20 years.
- I'm headed to the I-Cubs noon game Thursday. Ed tells me it will be a perfect day. I'm hoping for a fast game so I can see it all before our radio show starts at two.
- The baseball gods still don't like lights at Wrigley. Power outage for 18 minutes Wednesday night.
- The Iowa State at Iowa football game will kick at 2:30 p.m. Perfect. 11 a.m. is too early, 6 p.m. too late (and too many drunks).
- If you need tickets to the sold out CyHawk game, call Kansas. Someone there can hook you up.
- Twins fans are still cheering rain. That won't last.
- Would you pay $5 for an edible logo of your favorite team on a pizza? Me either. What if you were hosting a watch-party? Maybe.
- Can't wait for the holiday weekend. We're headed to Clear Lake for some R&R. I hope you have a great one. (Non-American Idol viewers might want to stop here.)
- Watching American Idol finale on DVR. Might as well blog as I go... Christina Aguilera and Carrie Underwood can flat out wail. Alanis Morissette, Michael McDonald and Hall & Oates still sound good---Barry Gibb, Chicago not so much. It was good to see Bret Michaels rocking again too.
- Oh no, "Pants On The Ground" guy gets another 15 minutes. He's right though.
- Nice touch. Paula Abdul appears. Never mind. Blows moment with bad jokes.
- All winning Idols appear to thank Simon. This show is one long tribute to Simon. Crystal and Lee forgotten. Then again, the entire season has been somewhat forgettable.
- Janet Jackson sounding more like Michael than ever.
- Joe Cocker appears. I immediately miss John Belushi. Cocker still has it.
- The wrong singer wins (again). Lee DeWyze seems like a nice guy, and he's got some talent, but Crystal Bowersox sang him off his feet Tuesday night.
- Oh well, at least the show ends with U2's Beautiful Day. Get well, Bono.
- Simon's done with Idol, so am I.
ERIN OFF CAMERA: What Scares You?
6 days ago