Saturday, May 15, 2010

Paddy, NBA, and The Story of Us.

I don't profess to be a horse racing expert, but Paddy O'Prado looked down-right disinterested down the home stretch at The Preakness Stakes.  At one point, it looked as though Paddy forgot he was in the middle of a race, as he nuzzled up to the horse to his right.  He rebounded to finish sixth, which is disappointing to his owners at Donegal Racing.  After all, Paddy finished third at the Kentucky Derby, a race with nearly twice as many entrants as The Preakness.

Andy Fales reports no decision has been made about whether or not to enter the horse in the Belmont Stakes.  My guess is Paddy O'Prado will not run in New York in three weeks.

I can't get into the NBA playoffs.  Even the Lebron drama doesn't interest me.  Actually, I haven't watched much NBA since 1998.  The style of play, egos, and artificial arena noise are a total turn-off for me.  That being said, the Bulls of the Jordan era were the exception for me.  I never missed a game.

I love The History Channel, and America: The Story of Us is my latest obsession.  Check it out on Sunday nights.  It trumps The Pacific on HBO during the same time slot, and I never would have thought that a few months ago.

Shawn

No comments: