Thursday, December 02, 2010

The King Returns

Like many sports fans, I watched my first NBA game this season on Thursday night. I have to tip my hat to Lebron James. James thrived (season-high 38 points) in the hostile, hate-filled environment that was Quicken Loans Arena, and that's impressive. I thought James handled "The Decision" poorly, and while I didn't watch every minute of Thursday's game, James appeared to handle a difficult situation with class. Okay... maybe out of respect, he could have skipped his pre-game powder routine, but whatever.

The signs and t-shirts inside the arena were mostly clever and amusing. Still, I'm baffled that grown men and women can be "moved" enough to spend hours stenciling, drawing, and coloring these aforementioned signs. Do they just want to be on TV that bad?

Shawn

No comments: