Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Big Board, Cubbie Bear, Dubble Bubble

Good gosh the new scoreboard at Jack Trice Stadium looks big. It's a serious upgrade, and a needed one. The sound system also gets a boost, which may be needed even more.

Andy hopes this means the end of Sweet Caroline. It won't, and I'm glad. How can you ever hear too much Neil Diamond, the Jewish Elvis. (Sweet Caroline is played before the bottom of the 8th inning at Fenway Park, and there's nothing like it. Every single person is singing and swaying. Last Summer, it almost won my wife over to the song. Almost.)...

The Cubs are in first place! So are the Reds. And Brewers. And Cardinals...

I took my son, Colin, to Principal Park for a long lunch and a few innings of I-Cubs baseball Wednesday afternoon. I remember my grandpa taking me out of school and to a game when I was a kid, and I'll never forget it. I forgot a lot of school days (daze), but not that one. Anyway, Colin had a blast, and I can't say enough about how nice I-Cubs employees are. Even on a cold day when you could count the fans, the I-Cubs tried to make it a memorable experience. (See Zach Borg's story in the video player on one of the world's most upbeat vendors for more proof.)...


Over the dinner break, I went to a Little League game and had my first piece of Dubble Bubble this year. How is it this gum goes from great to gross in 10 seconds?...

No comments: