Friday, April 22, 2011

Fog, DJK, Ark

(Chris)

If it can delay a game, it's happened at Principal Park. From snow, to rain, to floods, to FOG -- yep, tonight's game was delayed due to fog rolling in off the river. Iowa ended its 8-game home stand, Friday night. It was a home stand that never saw a game time temp above 55-degrees. Ouch.

Murph N Andy's interview, with Darrell Johnson-Koulianos, was fantastic. They asked all the right questions, and DJK had all the right answers (for the most part). He admitted some things that he probably shouldn't have. One that comes to mind is when he was telling a story about how he and Ricky Stanzi would knock down some cold ones after practice, freshman year.

After talking to Keith and Andy for over an hour, DJK joined me for a shorter interview for Channel 13. I could tell he was talked out. I'm sure it took a lot out of him to open up, like he did, with so many people listening. I asked him where he pictures himself five years from now, and he told me that he's going to be one of the best receivers in the NFL. He doesn't seem to be worried about his arrest, because he doesn't believe that's him. In his mind, it was a mistake, and it will never happen again. I hope he's right.

The only thing I didn't like about his interviews, is the fact that he was smacking his gum the entire time. I guess if that's his biggest problem, moving forward, he's going to be all right.

Kyle Korver is destroying the hopes and dreams of the Indiana Pacers. Every time they think they have a chance to beat the Bulls, Korver unloads another last-minute 3-point bomb. He's 7-of-8 from behind the arch, in the series. Not bad for a kid that played in wooden basketball shoes, growing up in Pella.

I ate dinner, tonight, at Noah's Ark. My sisters (from Muscatine) say they have never seen anything like it. Apparently, Muscatine kids have culture shock in any place but Applebees. I used to be big into the chain restaurants, but you can't beat a good 'hole in the wall'.

Anyone else, with Mediacom, get a crappy signal on TNT? At my house, and at Andy's, there's some under water strobe effect, that drives me nuts (on the HD channel). Another reason why I should buy a house -- just so I can ditch cable.

No comments: