Saturday, April 02, 2011

Deja Butler, Banks Record, Bad Commercials


Stevens turns 21 this month
(Chris)
Butler's head coach Brad Stevens has now reached more NCAA title games than Lute Olson and Tom Izzo. Pretty impressive for a guy that's not even old enough to drink.

I think Butler wins the national title. I have no words to explain my feelings, but that's how I feel. Do with it what you want.

Lickliter enjoys long walks in the park
and PBS programming
What do you think Todd Lickliter is thinking? More importantly, what do you think he's doing? I picture him watching some PBS program where some guy interviews another guy about writing a book. That's probably as exciting as it gets for 'Lick'.

Shaka Smart is still the head coach of the VCU Rams. Don't expect that to last long. The 33-year-old is the hottest coaching prospect outside of Brad Stevens. I guess that means he wasn't even the hottest coaching prospect on the floor, tonight.

A day after I officially proclaimed that the Cubs' season was over, I'm back on the bandwagon. The Cubbies came from 3 down to beat the Pirates. I'm happy, but I'm still not exciting. I'm going to need a lot of convincing before I start to believe that this team can compete.

Someone forgot to tell Brad Banks that Kurt Warner is the best QB in Barnstormers history. We're only three games into the 2011 season, and Banks has already topped Warner's mark for TD passes in a game. Banks threw 10 touchdowns in Friday's win at San Jose (he also ran for another). Banks has 18 touchdowns over the last two games -- so do the Barnstormers.

Is it just me, or is the acting in commercials getting comically bad?

- Southwest Airlines red tape commercial (bald guy on golf cart) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp-d8whc5PI&feature=related
- Geico Radio commercial (radio host) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmJ8Oan-Yxk

Maybe I'm just a stickler, but I get physically ill every time I see one of these commercials.

No comments: