Thursday, April 07, 2011

Cubbie Visits, Hanrahan Saves, Legends Leaders

The I-Cubs start the season Thursday. We know, because Cubbie Bear came out of hibernation. He looks refreshed too (though I wish he'd wear pants)...
It's great to see so many Central Iowa guys impacting major league baseball. Wednesday alone, Des Moines Hoover's Jeremy Hellickson (Rays) was striking out ten, Indianola's Casey Blake (Dodgers) was tripling, and Norwalk's Joel Hanrahan (Pirates) was saving for the fourth time in the short season...

I used to be a person who didn't watch a lot of golf on TV, then came high definition. I'll watch as much of the Masters as I can. Phil's my favorite, but I'll pull for Zach, and we all know it will be more interesting if Tiger's in the hunt...

The Hawkeye-Husker football rivalry won't need any extra hype, but the Big Ten is making sure it's a showcase game by putting at the end of every season...

Quickly, is Iowa in Legends or Leaders? It's still as silly as ever. It's Legends...

When I hear Lady Gaga's Born This Way, I always think it's Madonna for a few seconds. Homage or ripoff?...

No comments: