- Great start to the World Series. Baseball is more of a regional sport than football, but for Cardinals fans, and hardcore baseball fans, two well played one run games,three hours long is a nice beginning.
- I do welcome a break from the Tony La Russa is a genius talk, though he might be. La Russa didn't blow game 2, but he didn't micromanage the Cards to another win either.
- The World Series sure changed in the ninth inning. Cardinals win that game, they win the Series. Now it's up for grabs.
- It's ridiculous the wild card winning Cardinals have home field advantage because the National League won the All-Star exhibition in the middle of the season.
- Brandon Wegher can't get his life going in a positive direction since leaving the Hawkeyes for personal problems. He's only 20. Still time to get it together.
- Jewel Hampton---remember him?---will play for Southern Illinois against UNI Saturday.
- Former Cyclone Alexander Robinson signs with the Cedar Rapids Titans. The IFL is the "other" indoor football league, though to be fair, it's actually called Indoor Football League. I digress. The Vikings cut A-Rob, and as he tries to work his way back to the NFL, he'll make $225 a game, an extra $25 if the Titans win. Not exactly Chris Johnson pay.
- First college basketball poll out, not an Iowa team in sight. Can't wait for a return to glory. Paging anyone.
- Living History Farms does a great job with Halloween for small kids.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Cardinals Stumble, Wegher Trouble, Friendly Halloween
Posted by Keith Murphy at 12:04 AM