Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Enough Chalupas, Arrive Early, Crystal Beth

  • I can't take much more of Brian Wilson's XXL chalupa commercial. I was okay the first 100 times I saw it this week, but now I'm tired.
  • If the Rangers and Brewers play in the World Series, Fox may tape delay it.
  • Not really.
  • Maria Bello is so good in Prime Suspect that I'm giving the show and cast time to catch up, and then they'll have a hit.
  • I don't know if Hawkeye fans can actually pull this off Saturday night, but if they do, it will be really cool. (If you're going to the game, you're asked to be in your seat 15 minutes early. You'll find a two-sided card.)
If it doesn't work, blame tailgating.
  • Someone sent us a picture for SoundOFF. The viewer thought this might be Cooter Ray's wife, Crystal Beth, but it's not even close. Though I could see Crystal Beth saving money on rollers.
Not Crystal Beth, though Cooter Ray does leave empty cans behind.

  • Speaking of Nebraska, a serious loss for the Cornhuskers, Jared Crick out for the season with a torn pec muscle. Crick can be great when he's got it going, and though the Nebraska D hasn't lived up to the hype, it's too bad Crick can't keep playing. Next stop, NFL.

2 comments:

Oprah Winfrey said...

I would stay away from those chalupas. I don't need another lawsuit on my hands, but I can tell you that the Taco Bell meat is "interesting" to say the least.

Anonymous said...

No way Iowa (or any college stadium for that matter) gets that many people that organized in a short time...alcohol has that affect. Why didn't they wait until Veterans Day to do the Star-Spangled banner thing anyway?

By the way nice for Iowa Farm Bureau to get a little plug in for themselves...surprised they didn't want to turn Kinnick into a giant ear of corn or farm family scene like Iowa Corn Growers Assn. did with the CY-HAWK trophy.

I'll set the over/under on barn/corn/farm shots from the national media for that game at six...and I'm taking the over.