Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Clayborn is no Bielema, King has no ring, Team Sharkboy

  • Adrian Clayborn is no Fred Barr or Bret Bielema. The more I think about it, the more I don't think Clayborn was taking an intentional shot at Iowa State when he told the Des Moines Register Iowa is "the only team in the state". I think Clayborn was just trying to express what it's like being in the fishbowl of Hawkeye football in a state with no pro teams. That doesn't mean we've heard the end of it.
  • Chris Bono leaving Iowa State before taking another job first could certainly make one speculate there's more to this story, but we just don't know. At least I don't. Bono won a national championship for the Cyclones in 1996 before two stints as an assistant coach.
  • Shawn Johnson still keeps popping up everywhere, including the Twilight premier. Her fame will make it much  harder for her to focus on training for 2012. She's still in demand.
  • How can the Cubs keep losing to the Pirates?
  • I am tired of all the "Courting the King" coverage. Le Bron James is an amazing talent, but it's all just too much for a king with no ring.
  • Can't believe we're back to flood watch alert. The video of the rising water is a sight. We all hope no one loses too much.
  • I'm off to Boston for July 4th weekend. I'm taking my wife to see Lady Gaga---yeah, I don't get her either---but the trade off is two Red Sox games. This is a lose/win/win. Actually, I hear Ms. Gaga puts on a good show. As long as she doesn't sing that earworm, Poker Face. "Mum mum mum mah Mum mum mum mah Mum mum mum mah Mum mum mum mah Mum mum mum mah I wanna hold em like they do in Texas please..." See.
  • That screaming you hear is either coming from girls watching Bieber at the Well, or girls watching Twilight at the theater. Can you believe Jacob was once Sharkboy?

No comments: