Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Orton Sounds Off, Cubs Dog Days, Stop Calling me

  • Kyle Orton is getting frustrated. Who could blame him? Orton's been under-appreciated and underrated everywhere he's been. Still, Orton knows better than to take the bait when a reporter asks Orton what he thinks of 39 Tebow jerseys at Broncos practice and only two Orton's. Kyle's comment that, "Thank god the people don't make the decisions... My last goal playing quarterback is winning over the fans. My last goal." I think Kyle will want that one back. Nothing gained from zinging the fans, even if some have it coming. The cult of Tebow is wearing on Orton. (Big thanks to my friend Zubin Mehenti at our sister station KWGN in Denver for sending us the Orton interview Monday night.)

  • Love the I-Cubs Dog Days night. America's pastime and man's best friend all in the same place? Can't beat it.
  • The Cyclones leave for Italy Tuesday morning at 6 a.m. I'd like to go. Fred Hoiberg says Italy is as nice as any place on the planet. I agree. I think it was my favorite vacation spot. You just can't believe what you see there. (Note the look of awe.)

  • UNI football coach Mark Farley said on our radio show today that he thinks about the last second loss to Iowa two years every day... because someone brings it up every day. Monday, it was Chris Hassel.
  • Just watched Curb Your Enthusiasm. I want to eat Pinkberry yogurt. I'm not even sure if it's good.

  • Harrison Barnes likes to appear on SoundOFF and have fun. Behind the scenes, he's gracious.
  • I can't wait for the Ames Straw Poll. I'm hoping Michele Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty will stop emailing me, calling me, and knocking on my door. (The third hasn't happened. Yet.)
  • Would grown men dig through garbage, and fight over a foul ball? Sadly, this video proves they will: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_6SFBW5QlE

No comments: