Sunday, August 07, 2011

Wreck of a Finish, SJ Plays Defense, Boogie Borg

By Chris Hassel
I admit I'm not a racing fan, but the finish to the U.S. Cellular 250 was nothing short of amazing. The folks at the Iowa Speedway couldn't have asked for a better finish to the 2011 season.


Shawn Johnson told our Zach Borg that the people criticising her comeback performance don't know anything about gymnastics. Shawn has never had to deal with criticism before, and it seems like she's having a hard time coming to grips with it. We're seeing a side of her we've never seen before. We'll hear more from Shawn Sunday at 5 & 10.

I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the sound Kirk Ferentz makes when he's uncomfortable at the mic. It sounds like he's trying to suck his sinuses into his throat.

I'm getting sick of hearing about Tiger's former caddie Steve Williams during golf telecasts. He's a caddie, and the only reason we know who he is, is because he was Tiger's caddie. Enough.

I woke up 6 hours early to shoot the new Football Friday promo. Here's a behind-the-scenes sneak peek.
http://www.twitvid.com/KTNMG

I'm hooked on AMC's Mob Week. Too bad there's a commercial break every 7 minutes. I'm pretty sure Al Pacino is in every single film.

Has there ever been a bad mob movie?

Harrison Barnes joins Keith and me on SoundOFF, Sunday night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather hear Ferentz sinus noise instead of Rhodes studdering all the time. I guess its the norm for isu since they usually have athletes who can't talk.

Evil Adam said...

Yes, there has been a bad mob movie. Oscar from 1991, Sylvester Stalone as mob boss Angelo "Snaps" Provalone.

Really? We're going to make fun of Iowa State student athletes for not being able to talk? Ok, I won't even take a shot back on that, it's too easy.