- Cardinals are now three wins from their 11th world championship. All 11, Andy reminds, would be since the Cubs last won in 1908.
- Chris Carpenter wons his eighth post-season game for the Cards, breaking a tie with the legendary Bob Gibson. Surprising to me, even though Carpenter benefits from more series'.
- Tim McCarver and Joe Buck are both lifetime Cardinals, so expect cries of biased broadcasting from all directions, especially Texas.
- My parents are visiting. Always a treat, but more so as my mother fights off cancer a second time. SU2C.
- Nice story by Marc Hansen in Wednesday's Des Moines Register on Bill Fennelly's cancer battle. To know Bill is to know how much the Cardinals are boosting his spirits.
- Do you know anyone who cries when they laugh? Tears down the face? John Bachman. It happens at least once a week. Ed Wilson is usually the reason.
- They just closed the Tasty Taco on Douglas because it wasn't busy enough. Wait, what? It was always crowded. Maybe not the typical Tasty Taco line-out-the-door crowded, but busy in a way most restaurants would love.
- Facebook informed me I can't accept any additional friends, and I need to change my account to a "personality page". This caused me anxiety, and led to my wife saying, "Relax, this is no big deal", which is a role reversal. I attempted to change the page and ended up with a koala bear as my avatar. Long story. Anway, whotv.com web producer Alisa Link is attempting to help me through this. She deserves a raise, and a hug, just for volunteering.