Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Don't Do It Kurt, Burt Reynolds' Prime, Football Friday Album

  • Not again, Brett. Why am I surprised. Oh yeah, I'm not. Who knows if Brett Favre really is done, and if he is, whether it's his ankle, his age, or simply desire. If he's not done, why's he crying wolf again? Is it more money? A ploy to miss training camp? The need to have his ego stroked? I don't know, and I really don't care. I do know the NFL is more interesting with Favre in it, and hope he comes back. For the first time, I don't think he will.
  • Et tu, Kurt? Dancing With The Stars? Please don't do it, Kurt. It's great for Shawn Johnson, maybe okay for Ochocinco, but Warner---he'd lose cool points on that hit cheesefest. Warner's made for television stardom, with his mouth, not feet.
  • Terrific story by Andy Fales on how much a visit by Fred Hoiberg meant to a young cancer patient 16 years ago. The current coach and former patient reunited at the Coaches vs. Cancer Golf Classic in Ankeny. http://www.whotv.com/news/who-story-coaches-vs-cancer-080310,0,3471123.story
  • Andy didn't just cover the 100 year anniversary of the Boys Scouts Jamboree. He looked back with pride.
It's belt canteen boy.





















  • Iowa and Iowa State moving to 9-game conference schedules won't kill the Iowa-Iowa State game, but it will take cooperation and motivation to keep it going. Both sides will have to work hard to sync-up schedules when they're playing 5 conference road games, because both schools want, and need, 7 home games a season. Neither will want to give that up.
  • I'm watching the original Longest Yard as I write this. It's so much better than the sequel, it's not even debatable. Burt Reynolds vs. Adam Sandler as Paul Crew is worse than Peter Sellers vs. Steve Martin as Inspector Clouseau.
  • Why would a man want Andy to sign his chest? I don't know, but I hope it's not for a tattoo.
I don't want to know how he dotted the "i"






















  • We shot the new Football Friday promo today. I'm embarrassed to report I wrenched my back while performing a solo. Really.
The Football Friday album cover






No comments: