Monday, August 30, 2010

Show 1000, Chiz-Whiz, Predictions

Congrats to Keith and Andy on a great 700th episode of SoundOFF. The show has been going strong for nearly 14 years, and I'm proud to say that I've been a small part of the program for 4 of them. If my math is correct, we should expect show 1,000 to come around in the fall of 2016. That's assuming the world doesn't come to an end in 2012.

What the heck is wrong with the Cardinals?! I'll admit, I picked St. Louis to win the NL Central by 10+ games, before the season began. With one month to go, they're dangerously close to losing the division by 10+ games. 5 games out on August 30? I'm still taking them over the Reds.

I'm so ready for football that I'm watching the NFL Yearbook on the CLEVELAND BROWNS. My fantasy draft was on Saturday, and there wasn't a single Brown taken in the first 100 picks. Although, I must say, they may have a better year than my poor Bears. Jay Cutler...ouch.

Iowa State holds its first weekly press conference, Monday. It's such a different feeling up there, under Paul Rhoads, than it was with Chizik. I never really got the sense that anyone was having fun during those two painful seasons. I'm sure it helps when you win more games in Rhoads' first season, than in the previous two with the Chiz-Whiz.

Season prediction:
Iowa State 5-7
Iowa 10-2
St. Ambrose 10-0

And Finally, here's your news blooper of the day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlWDJQXeihg&feature=related

No comments: