Thursday, August 19, 2010

Favre Blah Blah, Fantasy Football Shirts, Expendables Body Count

  • Brett Favre is like the hot girl in the club. He knows everyone wants him, but he needs to hear it anyway.
  • Favre blah, blah, blah.
  • HBO's Hard Knocks is the best sports show on television. This week featured the unintentional tragicomedy of Jets defensive back Antonio Cromartie struggling to remember all his many children.
  • The Jets also received Shake Weights. There just no way to watch someone using one without laughing.
  • The Iowa Speedway will sell out both NASCAR Nationwide races next year.
  • Keno Davis is catching grief for not releasing a player from his commitment to Providence. I wish more schools would do this, but they won't. Why? Because they know they'll gladly take other kids who back out of their commitments.
  • I first ate at Smokey Row in Oskaloosa when we stayed in the town square with RVTV. Loved it. Tonight, I tried the new Smokey Row in Des Moines on MLK. I don't know what took me so long. Cool place, tasty food. I was easy to spot too. I was the person without a laptop.
  • Looking for a shirt that shows your passion for fantasy football? Check this site for gear that's not lame. http://www.smwclothing.com/
  • I took my dad to the testosterone filmfest that is The Expendables. I liked it. Way over the top in that Tango & Cash kind of way, but if you know what you're getting into, you'll have a good time. You'll also lose track of the body count, which easily goes into the hundreds. Jason Statham steals the show from the old guys.

No comments: