Thursday, July 21, 2011

State, Boswell, Alford

Hard to express how much it means to a team and its community of support when that team makes it to state. Congratulations to all the boys baseball teams that punched their tickets Wednesday night...

I hope all Big 12 athletic directors who don't work at Texas are protesting loudly about the Longhorn Network's plan to broadcast the high school football games of prospective recruits. The last thing Texas needs is an additional recruiting advantage, and this would be sizable one. The only reasons ADs would stay mute is they need Texas in the Big 12 and don't want to rock the boat...


How can you not think more of a Congressman Boswell after he went Eastwood on that home intruder?...

Steve Alford banned his players from tweeting. He won't be the last...

The NFL lockout has made me crave the season more, not less. I guess the thought of having something taken away from me that I love makes me appreciate it. When I was younger, I had to lose it first...

2 comments:

Keith Wise said...

Hey Keith, my son Justin and I are two of your biggest fans and I usually agree with you on most everything sports-related. My wife even said she spoke to you on a flight from Milwaukee whihc was a big thrill for her. However, your comment about craving the NFL is off base for me. This morning's article in the DM Register by Paul Daugherty of the Cincinnati Enquirer, probably more accurately reflects my thoughts. Contempt is probably closer to how I feel.

However, keep doing what you do.

Keith Murphy said...

Keith,

I loved Paul's article. It was perfect. I guess it reminded me I'm of two-minds.

Thanks.
Keith