Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Boise Blowouts, NCAA Tourney Town, Lights Out for Anchor

King James made his regular season debut, tonight, for the Heat --- and I didn't watch. I thought I would care, because of the story lines, but I just don't. I'll tune in at playoff time.

The truth is, it's 8pm, and I'm watching the Boise State game. Right now Boise is tied at 7 with Louisiana Tech. I'm assuming the Broncos will win by 40, but if this team wants to challenge for a bid to the title game, they need to start beating these teams by 60 and 70. I'm of the belief that Boise could be any team, on any given day. But, I'm also of the belief that if they played in the SEC, Big Ten, PAC 10, or Big 12, they'd struggle to win week in and week out.

I'd love to see an Auburn-Oregon title game, but I don't think it will happen. I still think Alabama has a better chance, than anyone, to win it all. I think the Tide will beat Auburn and face Oregon in the big one.

The MVC preseason poll was released, today. Wichita State is the overwhelming favorite to win the conference. Two-time defending champion UNI is picked 3rd, with Drake coming in at 8th. The Bulldogs are young, but I don't see them finishing that far down the standings.

The NCAA basketball tourney is coming to Wells Fargo Arena --- the women's tourney, that is. Iowa State was awarded the 2012 1st and 2nd rounds, while UNI will host the 2012 regionals at WFA. Let's hope that attendance is, once again, off the charts. That's the only way Des Moines is going to be able to convince the NCAA to bring the men's tourney into town. That, and more bars within walking distance, and a few more seats in the arena.

And now, your news blooper of the day. Maybe it's fake...maybe it's not... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxLpcqIEfVk

Chris

No comments: