Saturday, October 23, 2010

Polar Bears, Dodgers, Rangers

  • Congratulations to the North Polar Bears. North won its first football game since 2008. That's a long drought but it's not because the kids don't work hard or sacrifice just as much as the players on winning teams. Actually, you can argue it's harder because losing takes a mental toll. Sorry the win had to come at Hoover's expense, another team looking for its first win of the season. Tip of the cap to all the Seniors in Iowa who played their final game.
  • Classy move by the PCM. The school gave up part of its gate from the showdown with Bondurant-Farrar to the family of former Bluejay Chris Norton. Norton broke his neck while playing for Luther against Central last week.
  • How 'bout those Dodgers. Fort Dodge won at Valley for the first time. It was a last minute 15-12 classic too.
  • If you're not a Yankees fan, then you probably enjoyed seeing the Yankees lose to the Rangers. The Texas Rangers in the World Series... now there's something I thought I'd never see.
  • Peyton Manning must be in the fetal position. Dallas Clark is out for the season.
  • I'll take Iowa by 10 over Wisconsin and Texas by 28 over Iowa State. If I'm wrong, it's here to remind me.
  • KXnO will announce it's new morning show Monday. No, I don't know who it is. If you do, please let me know.

No comments: