Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cubs Choke, Bielema's Tattoo, Hawkeye Holes

The Cubs should've hired Ryne Sandberg. I'm too mad about it to type anything more.

As you may know, Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema has a Tiger Hawk tattoo on his leg. At the Big Ten Media Day, in August, I asked him if he's ever considered having it removed. Bielema laughed and said a few Badger fans have offered to do it for free, but he wants to keep it. He says it was, and always will be, a part of him. I'm not a huge Bielema fan, but you have to respect that.

I believe this Hawkeye team could be the best I've seen in my lifetime (started watching in 1990), but there are a few glaring holes that should be of concern going forward:

1. They're one Adam Robinson injury away from losing their entire running game. I also find it hard to believe that A-Rob will be able to run effectively against Wisconsin, MSU, and OSU, unless he gets some help from Coker or another backup.

2. The kicking game will rear its ugly head at some point, this season. Michael Myers has been shaky, at best, this season. He was barley clearing the Michigan line on a few of his PAT attempts --- but he did hit a pressure packed FG late in the game

3. Micah Hyde. If you saw the 4th quarter of the Michigan game, you don't need an explanation.

Unlike Keith, I haven't given up on Iowa's national title hopes, either. Yes, it's a long shot, but it's still a shot. But I don't think the argument carries much weight until Iowa gets past Wisconsin and Michigan State. We'll revisit the subject if they can win both of those games.

Chris

1 comment:

Tim + Janice said...

hahahaha....Murph ...that's great that you got the MediaCom MegaGiant to move based on a single twitter. Nice job!