- Let's Be Mad Again. Or not. The slogan doesn't work, but the intent does: get Iowa back to the NCAA tournament (March Madness... Mad... get it? I know. A reach that doesn't work. Anyway...) Fran McCaffery is a proven winner at a few stops, so I do think he'll get Iowa back to the tourney, just not this season. He's a coach, not a miracle worker. However, Hawkeye fans will enjoy this season more than any in many years because Iowa will break, dunk, and score---even in losses. Losses will be more fun to watch than most wins under Todd Lickliter.
- If a coach could be fired his first two months on the job, Turner Gill might be that coach. Kansas was embarrassed again. This time, it really hurts because rival K-State did the embarrassing, 59-7. Remember, Nebraska just punked K-State in its own place. Mark Mangino could run for 100 yards on this Kansas defense.
- HD is not good for everyone. Have you seen Donald Trump up close on the Apprentice? Based on recent ratings, I'd say you haven't.
- Andy and Chris are headed to the Big House. Not sure what they have planned to be noticed alongside 113,000 people.
- The weekend is here! Enjoy.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
McCaffery Mad, Kansas Punked, Trump in HD
Posted by Keith Murphy at 11:49 PM