Friday, October 29, 2010

Norm!

  • The Hawekeyes problems in their two losses won't be helped by the return of Norm Parker---he's not coaching special teams---but it can't hurt. Besides that, it's just good to have Norm back. He'll coach from the press box.
  • I could see Iowa winning this game by 14, or losing. I just don't have a good feel. The Vegas line seems crazy, Iowa by 7? I'll take Michigan State to cover, but the Hawks to win.
  • Iowa State, at last report, is a 20 point favorite vs. Kansas. I think the Jayhawks have quit on Turner Gill, but 20? That also seems crazy. These are still the Jayhawks who beat Georgia Tech and the Cyclones who lost by 52 to Oklahoma. I'll take KU to cover, and the Cyclones to win.
  • Iowa State's longest Big 12 drought: Oklahoma. #2 Kansas. Surprised? Paul Rhoads was.
  • I still can't believe Mark Dantonio reinstated Chris L. Rucker to play as Rucker was leaving jail. Even worse, Dantonio said he'd leave the decision whether to travel to Iowa to Rucker. Yes, good idea. A guy arrested for assault and drunk driving should make the decision, not the head coach.
  • Michigan State sports information confirmed to Shawn Terrell Rucker made the trip. Of course he did.
  • I hope Oregon hangs 50 on Lane Kiffin and company.
  • I'm now a believer. The Chiefs are for real.
  • I'm still not a believer. The Bears are not.
  • Chris Hassel has taken out an attack ad on Andy Fales. It airs Sunday night on SoundOFF.
  • Andy Fales has taken out an attack ad on Chris Hassel. It airs Sunday night on SoundOFF.
  • Can't wait for Vikings vs. Patriots.
  • Of course Brett Favre will start.
  • Happy Halloween!

No comments: