- The Seahawks vs Rams took NBC by surprise too. Faith Hill didn't say either team's name in the opening song to Football Night in America.
- Neither team is good, but it's the 7-9 Seahawks headed to the playoffs---and hosting! The much better Saints have to travel to Seattle to pick up their first win of the playoffs.
- The Chiefs looked awful Sunday. Still, they're hosting a playoff game. Who saw that coming?
- Bears-Packers was no classic, but I'm glad to see Green Bay make it in. That's a wild card team that could play its way to Dallas too.
- Saturday was a dark day for the Big Ten. 0-5, including a couple absolutely ugly beatings. The Big Ten's most consistent bowl winner the past three years: Iowa. Hands down.
- Big Ten flaks are now all in on hoping Ohio State wins Sugar Bowl---even with five suspended players who should not be eligible.
- Can you believe it's more than another week until the BCS championship game is played?
- The Cyclones will be 13-2 after Monday night.
- I saw True Grit Saturday. Loved it. Matt Damon, Jeff Bridges, and especially whoever played the 14 year old girl, were all terrific. I couldn't believe how much emotion I felt in the movie's final 15 minutes.
- Went to my first dual wedding reception/New Year's Eve party. I thought it might be a little much, but it was actually perfect. I loved it. We all had a great time, it wasn't too crowded, and no one drove after drinking.
- Happy New Year.
Monday, January 03, 2011
Bad Football, True Grit, Wedding Party
Posted by Keith Murphy at 1:42 AM