Friday, June 03, 2011

Heat Chokes, Ugly Football Field, Goober in a Jar

If you went to bed Thursday night with the Heat up 15, then you woke up shocked. The Heat choked, the Mavs dazzled, and America smiled...

If you want to know why Lebron James isn't yet in the conversation of greatest players of all time yet, see end of game 2...

Dirk Nowitzski is a stud. He makes the game-winning shot with his left hand---the one with a torn tendon and splint on the middle finger. Miami's feeling that middle finger about now...

What in the world is Central Arkansas thinking about, other than free publicity? Not all publicity is good publicity. This is the second ugliest football field I've ever seen:
eqsar.jpg
It reminds me of Goober. Do you remember Goober? I used to beg my mom to buy it, but it's really not that good. The idea of peanut butter and jelly all mixed together is good, but not the Goober itself. Here's how it looks on grocery shelves:


Iowa's Riley Reiff is a Playboy All-American. Fortunately, he's not being asked to pose. The entire All-America team appears in an upcoming Playboy magazine, and you're welcome to pick up a copy for the articles...

It should be a spectacular, albeit hot, start for the Principal Charity Classic. It's a first class tournament run the right way...

I'm looking forward to horse racing at Prairie Meadows Friday night, Little League Saturday morning, Principal Charity Classic in the afternoon, and haven't decided yet on I-Cubs or Barnstormers Saturday night...

Don't forget the NCAA Track & Field Championships are next weekend at Drake Stadium. I love watching track and field. Hassel thinks that makes me nuts, but I learned from my dad, and I've always enjoyed it as long as there's perspective, meaning a track. I've run in some 5 and 10Ks, and supported friends and family who've run various distances, including marathons, but outside that, I enjoy seeing runners the entire race, not just a run-by. (By the way, I am aware the Dam to Dam is this weekend, and it's a great event with terrific turnout, both for the race, and cheering the runners. If someone close to me gets back into running and enters, I'll be there too. It starts at what time? Never mind. Kidding.)...

I'm surprised, but the new X-Men movie, the one about the beginning, is getting rave reviews...


Our new sports reporter/photojournalist Zach Borg looked exhausted as he left work. 12 soccer games in one day will do that...

>Keith

2 comments:

wm said...

Why is LeBron not in the conversation for best ever? Because the Mavs wouldn't miss a shot? Seriously, they scored on what, 10 of their last 11 trips? So LeBron isn't in conversation for best ever because he can't goaltend jumpshots. I agree with you there - if the NBA changed the rule to allow goaltending, LeBron and Dwight Howard would become two of the best players ever.

I agree with you that James & Co should have won, but don't conflate - to too high an extent - team results with individual capability.

Anonymous said...

Murph - Why do you hate LeBron James? Why do you hate Dam to Dam?