- I'm happy I'm wrong. The Heat won't win in six. Now we'll see if the Mavs can win one in Miami.
- Lebron James again disappeared at crunch time. Not only is he no Jordan, he's no Dirk. James has as much raw talent as any basketball player we've ever seen, but does he have the mental toughness? Too soon to tell, but evidence in this series is not flattering.
- For Lebron defenders who say he never asked for this scrutiny... What?! Lebron glossed himself "King James", added a huge tattoo that says "Chosen One", agreed to the self-indulgent prime time special known as "The Decision", then held a championshp celebration in Miami before winning anything, and predicted winning seven+ rings. Doesn't make him a bad guy, but it most definitely invites criticism.
- Both Ankeny and Johnston played games at girls state soccer with zeroes on the scoreboard through regulation. Soccer purists enjoy scoreless games, but most American sports fans do not.
- Congrats to the Hawkettes, Valley, and Waukee for advancing in Muscatine.
- Alfonso Soriano plays for the I-Cubs this weekend. This completes Zambrano's vision of the Cubs being a triple-A team.
- The NCAA Track and Field Championships deserves better weather. What's next... snow?
- I just finished my 100th bag of David ranch flavored sunflower seeds. I hope I win a prize of another 100 bags.
- Headed to Adventureland Friday. If the kids talk me into the Silly Silo, I'll miss SoundOff Sunday night.
Friday, June 10, 2011
Ringless King, 0-0 Soccer, Silly Silo
Posted by Keith Murphy at 12:10 AM