- Don't ship the Stanley Cup to Canada just yet. Bruins 8, Canucks 1.
- Roger Federer may be the greatest tennis player of all time, yet he can't beat Rafa Nadal. That's how good Nadal is.
- Carlos Zambrano spoke the truth: The Cubs are embarrassing themselves.
- Albert Pujols kills the Cubs. If anyone is willing to overpay a guy who will soon start the inevitable decline brought on by age, it's the Cubs.
- The verbal commitment of Roosevelt's John Meeks is a good get for Iowa State in general, and Kevin Jackson in particular. Meeks should leave high school with 4 state titles and 0 losses. He's also a tireless worker and exciting wrestler.
- Credit the Heat for bouncing back from the embarrassment of game 2's meltdown. The Heat's go-to-guy is Dwyane Wade, not Lebron James, but both are great.
- State soccer showed all over again how much Valley and Dowling hate each other, or something close to it.
- I bet on three horses to win at Prairie Meadows Friday night. All three finished dead last. I'm no Ken Miller.
- The Principal Charity Classic is first class, start to finish.
- Props to Richard Childress for doing what so many would like to do: punch Kyle Busch. And credit Busch for not swinging back at a 65 year old man.
- The Twilight movie dominated the MTV awards. Again. I've seen none.
- As many of you know, Chris Hassel is from Muscatine. He can't stop bragging about the place. That led me to take a fun jab at Chris Monday night. Sarah didn't like it:
That's not quite what I said, Sarah made it sharper and more insulting, but it sure led to an entertaining email.
See you in Muscatine!